In a dramatic and rather uncharacteristic move to recruit more readers to my blog, I am testing out bloglovin', an app that is supposed to allow you to follow all of your favorite blogs in one easy step. I created an account, and in order to "claim" my blog, I had to paste the above gibberish in order for it to work. So, I am trying it out. The next step is for me to then go claim and add and follow the other blogs I like. I solicited my Facebook friends to comment on my Facebook page with a link to their own blogs. I have hopes that this will help me find my favorite blogs more easily.
My old system:
1) Buy an issue of Artful Blogging and salivate at all the blogs and pretty pictures.
2) Turn down the page of the ones I would like to check out online.
3) Go back and write them all down on a sticky note.
4) Lose the sticky note.
5) Go back to Step 2 and Step 3.
6) Find all my sticky notes months later and wonder if I ever actually checked out the blogs.
7) Actually check the blogs out.
8) Forget the names of the ones I really like, and forget to bookmark them.
9) Repeat Step 1.
Hopeful that my new system will require the one-time initial set-up of:
1) Find the blogs I want to follow through Bloglovin'.
2) Click the follow button on the Bloglovin website
3) On my down time, waiting, boredom, whatever…Click on the Bloglovin' button on my phone and all my favorite blogs are there.